Tuesday 14 October 2014

Trailer Tuesday: Tomorrowland



I think if this film delivers all the mystery that has shrouded its production then we surly are in for a classic.
If I'm honest when this trailer began I was very much disappointed. This was mainly to do with all the mass speculation surrounding the project, and from the initial concept I witnessed, in this trailer, this was nothing like what I had envisaged. Maybe it was naivety. I just wasn't expecting Disney's highly anticipated release to foreground quite frankly a unknown actor (I do apologise Britt Robinson) , in a dingy jail, with no sign of jet-packs or androids at all. But, after 43 seconds my impatience, and well idiocy, was revealed.
With a simple touch of a pin, just like the main character, my ambitions were transported to a sew dimension. This is a very clever trailer, and the editing is both sublime and exhilarating to behold. After that moment the everything peaks especially my interest, and it seems to guide us we have none other than Mr Smooth himself George Clooney. Does anyone get the feel that this is going to be the Wizard Of Oz of our generation? A seemingly strong willed girl is whisked away to another world, where she will encounter miraculous things. I have seen this before, but I am oh so hooked!
Following the trailer being released a synopses dropped that states, "Bound by a shared destiny, a teen bursting with scientific curiosity and a former boy-genius inventor embark on a mission to unearth the secrets of a place somewhere in time and space that exists in their collective memory." Who can't help but feel excited at the sound of that. With the best part being, that in reflection, this trailer has still revealed absolutely nothing at all! The mask of mystery still hangs, and I am certainly intrigued. 
Knowing the project is in the safe hands of Brad Bird (The Incredibles), as well as starring Clooney and Hugh Laurie, I really do believe that this has the potential to be something special, but Disney has to ensure they can deliver on the tremendously high bar they have set themselves.
Tomorrowland is set for a may 22nd release date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment