Friday 5 September 2014

My Top Five Captain Marvel Choices.


Sadly for me my college term started. This means that due to a lack of time, and stereotypical low student income, I will not be able to visit my local cinema as regularly as this blog demands. However, I will ensure that I see the all the latest films that peak my interest and ensure I review them for you guys.
Therefore, in place of New Release Of The Week, and continuing the theme of alteration, I shall have a new segment called my Top Five Friday, which will replace New Release Of The Week as the regular Friday instalment . Now what better way to kick of this new aspect to The Reel Film Blog by discussing who are my top five choices to play Marvel's most powerful Woman.

My Top Five Potential Carol Danvers (Captain Marvel).

Carol Danvers, first appeared in 1968's Marvel-Super Heroes #13, as a non-super powered colonel of the United states Air force. However, after an explosion involving the Kree superhero Captain Mar-vel, her DNA is combined with the extra terrestrial providing her with super human ability. Initially, Danvers used the title Ms Marvel until 2012 when Marvel revamped the story, causing Danvers to take the title Captain Marvel.
Her powers include that of super strength and flight, as well as being a skilled pilot and trained in hand-to-hand combat. Danvers is also a tremendous personality who is highly anticipated to become the leading lady of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. However, with speculation over who should play the super-heroine is running rampant. Therefore, here are my top five choices who I think will be good contenders to play the role.     

Number 5: Elizabeth Banks. 



For me, Elizabeth Banks would be a solid choice to dawn the Captain Marvel mantle. Seeing as Danvers is well known for her quick with and comedic timings, Banks would be an ideal choice for the role.
Despite not being considered a younger actress, Banks' Popularity of such projects as the Hunger Games and Pitch Perfect will be able to appeal to a range of demographics. Also, her age will allow audiences to buy into the fact that this is a genuine Air force colonel, as well as bring in a useful diversity to the Avengers that no doubt Danvers will become part.  




Number 4: Charlize Theron.


I think Theron, again like Banks, will be a great addition to The Avengers, as she will provide a well known star power to a title that is less known in the mainstream. I can see the posters now, but again her age, sadly, may be a problem for Marvel Studies, as well as the fact she may share too many similarities with Scarlett Johansen and Elizabeth Olsen.
However, as demonstrated by her role in Snow White And The Hunstmen, Theron may be able to bring a darkness to the role that would be interesting and certainly a new addition to Earth's mightiest Heroes.


Number 3: Yvonne Strahovski


Famed for her supporting roles in Chuck and 24: live another day, Stahovski has certainly been the focus of attention for the role of Captain Marvel. The actress certainly resembles Danvers, and her chemistry on TV show Chuck certainly reveals she will work well in a team.
Also, her role on Chuck will not hinder her in terms of action experience, as well as earn her a cult fan base. The main factor that puts her above Theron and Banks in my eyes is her, no offence, non A-list status. TV talent has proved a great asset for Marvel, for example Chris Pratt, therefore it wouldn't surprise me if Stathovski dawns the Captain Marvel mantle.

Number 2: Natalie Dormer 
Natalie Dormer At
Second on my list is the Game of Thrones star Natalie Dormer, who I believe will bring a whole new dynamic to the character of Carol Danvers.
Although this a more out the box choice, I think Dormer, posses all the sassy attitude that will allow the character to stand out from the personalities that surround. Her fan-base of the back of Thrones is tremendous and after her involvement in the highly anticipated Hunger Games Mocking Jay part one and two, she may certainly become a box office draw.
Although she may not have broken Hollywood yet and her image may be too non-pg 13, I do believe there is a lot of potential that Marvel could mine and reap the reward.


Number 1: Emily Blunt


Finally, my top choice for Captain Marvel is Emily Blunt. Long lived speculation has placed Blunt firmly between both DC and Marvel Studies, and if I was Marvel I would ensure they snap Blunt up whatever the cost.
Blunt has proven her action heroine chops in this years outside the box hit Edge Of Tomorrow, and will be sure to win even more fans in this years highly anticipated Into The Woods.
Also, Blunt will provide a strong female performance, without it feeling forced or unwelcome. This trait is vital, as it is important that Captain Marvel can not only stand her own but also fit in as one of the most powerful characters ever penned. Therefore, I think Blunt is perfect choice for the role and in my eyes this will be at the forefront of Marvel Studies' top choices for the part.

No comments:

Post a Comment